Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day. We opted for a quiet dinner, enjoying it with Brittney and our good friend, Nicole. My family joined us later in the day for coffee, desert, and games in the basement. Oh did I mention that I beat my brother, Wayne, playing pool? :)



While there were moments we missed David, we enjoyed memories of years past and the hope of enjoying a good meal with him again. I missed him sitting to my left. To be honest it was nice being able to focus on everyone else. I guess this is a part of developing our new normal.

What am I thankful for?
  • My family and the joy of loving them and being loved by them
  • The journey we have been on for the past 13 years with David
  • The journey that still remains before us
  • The ripples that continue to emanate from David's life and death
  • The hundreds if not thousands of ways we have been loved on and served over the past several years
  • The privilege of seeing the church, the body of Christ, at work as it cared for me and my family
  • The rock solid hope of heaven and eternity
  • My best friend and partner, Brenda. I am so blessed to have her as my wife
  • Chris just got a job with BBN Technoligies (bbn.com)
  • The joy of watching God shape and lead Daniel as he matures into a young man who loves God
  • Knowing that God loves me and forgives me, no matter what I do
  • The joy of knowing that our journey has motivated others to seek after God
I hope you took a few minutes yesterday to reflect on what you are thankful for. It goes without saying that I am grateful for those who have shared our journey through this blog. God's blessings on each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment