Friday, January 22, 2010

Dear David...

 Dear David,

Today marks three months since you left this world.  How fast the time has flown.  I can only imagine you are still exploring the beauty and wonders of heaven.  It excites me to ponder what you are enjoying the most.  Is it your vision?  Is it being in the presence of your Savior?  Is it your new mind and body?  Is it sitting around talking with Grandpa, Melody, and others; listening to their stories of adventure, faith, pain, coming to faith, and the daily new discoveries of heaven?  Sometimes crazy questions enter my mind like, "Have you run into King David yet?", or "What color eyes does Jesus have?"  What ever you are doing I rest knowing you are whole and happy.

David, I wanted you to know that we are doing OK.  The first couple months were hard but we were so grateful your suffering was over.  Now we just miss you.  There isn't a day someone doesn't ask how we are doing, tells a story about how your life impacted theirs, or we don't start laughing about one of your many crazy antics.  Thankfully our faith has helped us to keep strong.   I was reading two days ago and came across this verse in 1 Thesalonians 4:13,

And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope.

While we grieve David, we do not grieve as those who have no hope!  So don't worry about us.  We continue to look for ways to use what we learned from loving and caring for you to serve others.  I miss you and love you.

Love,

Dad

PS: Hey Buddy, do me a favor and give my father a hug from me.

7 comments:

  1. It just makes me smile! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had met David in person, but from your blogs, I feel I kinda know him. Hope he is giving your dad a huge hug, Warren. He was a great man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know David as well as a lot of people, but if you'd met David in person you'd have been in for one of God's most amazing surprises. With David it felt easy to smile and to be patient and from now on when I begin to lose my patience I must remember to think of David; as a rule I am impatient so that might mean I'll have to think of him quite a bit.

    If you ever meet the Pfohl clan in person you'll be in for another surprise. With the few chances I've gotten to meet this family it was easy to see where David found his joy. All of the Pfohls are incredible people, as are all people if you get to know them. It was amazing to see how easily they welcomed people to share in their lives.

    David, wherever you are up in heaven, thank you for gracing all of us who are still here with your presence. You're one in a million, and I can say that because I know that the God we both love is even greater still.

    Pfohls you're all wonderful. I won't say don't change because I trust that whenever you do, it will only be to grow more in the love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm a leaker. Yeah, I know, that's not what this post is about,, but that's what it has brought about.
    You are all an inspiration to us.
    I pray that God will continue to bless you.
    You're The Best,
    With Love In Christ,
    Mary B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Now that I have Windows 7, I don't have to reboot so often. I wonder if we can upgrade our OS on Earth so we don't have to reboot so often? Your sharing really helps me, keep sharing. Perry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if you remember me at all? We met briefly at David's wake. I went to High School with David and this post was very uplifting. I hope all is well with you & your family. God Bless. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mike for touching base! We are doing well. God bless you as well. Warren

    ReplyDelete