Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Still in the Hospital

We did not go home today. David is still experiencing some discomfort and we are working on adjusting his medication. He at times is struggling breathing. Sometimes it seems as if he trying to cough or clear his throat. We don't know if it is due to the medication he is taking, a part of his disease, or some type of pain breaking through and it is the only way he can communicate he is uncomfortable. After being here at the new wing of the Galisano Children's Hospital we decided that we would rather stay here as long as we can. David is well cared for and we are able to simply be Mom, Dad. The staff here is incredible and the facilities are incredible. Chris is driving home to be with us. Brittney is flying in tomorrow evening. We still do not know when David will go to be with the Lord. We are ready for him to be with Christ. The hardest part is waiting.

3 comments:

  1. We are praying for all of you every day, for peace that only a loving God can give you at this time.
    Love,
    Gerard and Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you all. For peace. You are in our hearts.
    Love,
    Christina and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Warren and Brenda,
    I vividly remember sitting vigil with Lori, the Woodward family, and Chuck T 24 years ago as we waited for her sister Cheryl to pass. Tough stuff, but a spiritually deepening experience to share in the home going of a saint. I can only imagine what it must be like for you as parents. I know it is possible to cling to faith at these times as I witnessed it esp. in George and Shirley.

    My mind goes to two psalms that I raise in prayer for you and your family --
    Psalm 636 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. 7 Because you are my help,I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
    Psalm 11612 How can I repay the LORD for all his goodness to me? 13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD. 14 I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people. 15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

    Greg for all the Meyers
    1 Peter 1:3-7

    ReplyDelete